Wednesday, January 22

To Infinity and Beyond

Infinity is like, the weirdest thing ever. I think sometimes that it is obvious, but what it does is change whole numbers like one into zero.

1/0=infinity
1=infinity*0
1=0
???????

Whatever 1=0 is supposed to mean, it does not fit the laws of algebra. If I see something like above on the Algebra 2 midterm today, I might throw up infinity gallons.

Personally, I don't really care yet. How about we just forget this conversation until I get to high school? Well, whatever–– here's what I think

The thing about the equation above is that you can't divide one into zero pieces. If you get no pieces at all when dividing something, you either have zero matter whatsoever or just infinitely small pieces. But no matter what, you always get 1=0 as an answer, unless 0/0=1 by multiplicative identity. This is our only (remotely) plausible answer, so that's my theory (as infinity has no properties because it doesn't exist in algebra).

1/0=0
1/(0*0)=1?
1/0=1?

Well, it seems that my theory has a (differing) counterpart. Adios, infinity! I'll be back much later...

According to this graph, I am unofficially wrong, which means the graph is glitching. LOL


If you fold a piece of paper in half infinity times and unfold it, you get the Dragon Curve (or a tiny version because infinite material is used in such a small shape). I tried it myself and it worked.

Well, it seems that I am about to suffer Spanish midterms, so that's it for hoy.

Stay coolio,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you dare